Wednesday 26 February 2014

Resistance is Far From Futile

This is a quick progress report on my French Partisan force that I've been working on for an upcoming Bolt Action tournament. The good news is that there's actually lots of progress to report, over the last couple of weeks I've managed to get a total of 30 infantry painted up. This is half of the infantry that I have planned for the initial 1000 point force so if I can keep up this rate of progress then I should be able to get the army painted up in plenty of time.

I've included a couple of photos below. I've kept to a limited palette of colours to try to bring the models together while still making them look like a ragtag civilian-based force. Overall I'm quite pleased with the effect, They're not going to win any prizes but they should look OK on the tabletop.





The bases, as I've mentioned before, are made of green-stuff using moulds from Wargames Bakery. I can't recommend these highly enough, easy to use and the results look great. One of my better impulse-buy Kickstarters.

On the other hand, I haven't tackled any of the character models yet or the German armoured car that the resistance have appropriated. So there's still plenty to do. Plus I need to take some time next month to paint more zombies, we need them for the game that the club will be putting on at Salute this year. So this may end up being a closer run thing than I'm currently hoping.

Maybe I shouldn't have spent the last 2 evenings painting up my custom DreadBall pitch. But then I won the pitch in the tournament at last year's Hammerhead and I was determined to get it painted before this year's event (which is on this Saturday).

On the subject of Hammerhead, for anyone who hasn't been to this particular event before I thoroughly recommend it. It's pretty much your standard good-sized wargames show, but every game that's put on there is a participation event. No display games, which means that you should be able to find something to sink your teeth into between shopping.

On that note, anybody who is going to Hammerhead please make sure to drop by the game that Peterborough Wargames Club will be putting on. It's going to be our usual blend of inspired lunacy and promises to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment