Wednesday 24 April 2013

Getting Started

So, I've been thinking for a while it would be good to give this blogging business a try. I suppose I should start by introducing myself. My name's Rob, and I am a gaming addict. I've been wargaming for 20+ years, Warhammer, Warhammer 40K and the rest of Games Workshop's offerings got me hooked but that led onto other wargames (too many to mention), RPGs (too many to count) and CCGs (currently UFS, Star Wars and Netrunner) and it doesn't show any sign of slowing down.

Right now, I'm secretary of Peterborough Wargames Club (largely because nobody else wanted the job) which means I've got a great bunch of guys to share my hobbies with. Plus of course there's the fact that plenty of them are every bit as nuts as I am...

Anyway, the reason I'm starting this blog is because I'm just starting out on a couple of new wargaming projects and I'm going to try to document them here. One is a new army for 40K (to add to the dozen or so armies I already have), the other has a more historical bent. Of course there are bound to be distractions along the way, since I can't concentrate on any project for more than a month or so at a time without something getting in the way. I already know I've got a Dreadball team to paint, plus some more stuff for the Judge Dredd campaign that I'm running, plus an awful lot of zombies for a club-related project, and I'm sure I'll think of something else along the way.

Anyway, that's enough to start with. Next time I'll go into some more detail about the armies I've got planned.

2 comments:

  1. You could usefully add the Google Friend Connect widget so folks can follow you easier.

    ReplyDelete