Wednesday 24 April 2013

So, the first distraction didn't take long...

Way back when I was about 12 years old, back before I got into wargaming, a toyshop in Peterborough called Beatties (long since closed down) used to sell a handful of gaming bits and pieces (RPGs mostly, plus a few miniatures). It was there that I first discovered Ogre, a boardgame/wargame about one mega-tank the size of a large building pitted against a small army of regular tanks and infantry. I loved the look of it, but couldn't persuade my parents that it'd make a good birthday present. And that, or so I thought, was that. Never even thought about it again.

Fastforward 25 years, and along comes Kickstarter and the Ogre Deluxe Edition. As soon as I saw it, I new I had to have it. So I backed the project and now I'm waiting for it to finally go into production (it's a bit delayed from the original timescale). However they've just got in a preview copy of the game and posted a picture of the contents of the box, which I just had to share.


I have a feeling this will be taking up a chunk of my time when it finally arrives. Some things are worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment